Thursday, July 7, 2011

Picture Frame Tray

I have been looking everywhere for a cute tray for my dresser and I couldnt find one. So I made one!
It was super easy to make. And pretty cheap too. 

Supplies
  1.  Picture Frame
  2. piece of decorative paper (my frame was a 5 X 7 so I got a small piece)
  3. Glass etching cream
  4. Wooden feet
  5. Adhesive (I got Contact Cement)
  6. Paint
  7. Paint brush

The first thing I did was paint the feet to match my frame so they were dry when it came time to attach them
They look like this before hand. They are flat on the bottoms. 
I used heavy paint so it covered evenly.    
Painted!




 The next thing I did was remove the prop thingy from the back of the frame.

Be careful pulling it off I took a chunk out of the back of my frame >.<

Then I cut my paper to fit.

I thought it looked like wallpaper.

 Then I just applied the etching cream all over the glass on the frame to give it a worn look.

Then I applied the glue to the feet and the spots they would be attached to the bottom of the frame.  The instructions said to let it stand for 10 minutes before you attach them. 

Glue I used.

 Then I attached the feet!


And DONE!
  





Also I GOT NEW CHARMS IN TODAAAAYYY!!!!
Since you all are so wonderful I am gonna give you a sneak peek. Feel free to comment and ask for custom orders.  Anyway here they are!








  I leave for vacation tomorrow and I am pretty excited. I am going home to visit family. I will continue to post from there but it wont be as often. I will post pics soon!

1 comment:

  1. love the tute babydoll!! I think I might have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete